Colorado’s dial framework standardizes different levels of “openness” at the county level. It is a tool for counties to use to make life during the pandemic more sustainable, allowing us to balance, to the greatest extent possible, controlling the virus with our social and economic needs.
LAHCDHD has been notified that as of January 4, 2021, Las Animas and Huerfano are being moved to Level Orange on the Dial Framework by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). This dial includes six levels, from least to most restrictive.
Visit the CDPHE COVID-19 Dial page for more information on the dial metrics, levels and capacity limits, and FAQs.
View the full state COVID-19 Dial Dashboard to the ratings for Las Animas, Huerfano and other counties in Colorado.
Metrics that Define the Levels
- New cases: How much the virus is circulating in a county.
- Percent positivity: Whether there is sufficient COVID-19 testing to capture the level of virus transmission.
- Impact on hospitalizations: Whether hospitalizations are increasing, stable, or declining
Las Animas County Status: Updated Jan. 4
|Criteria||Las Animas County|
|New cases per 100,000 residents in the past 14 days||1,387 (red level)|
|14-day % positivity||13.8% (orange level)|
|Stable or declining hospitalizations||7 days declining or stable (Yellow level)*|
Huerfano County Status: Updated Jan. 4
|New cases per 100,000 residents in the past 14 days||218.9 (orange level)|
|14-day % positivity||1.3% (green level)|
|Stable or declining hospitalizations||7 days declining or stable (yellow level)*|
* The CDPHE Dial page notes that “We are working to incorporate new data over the next three to four days. Due to this maintenance, the hospital data will not be updated until Jan. 5.”
General Guidance for Our Community
Under Level Orange everyone must take these actions:
- Continue to stay home as much as possible.
- Vulnerable people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19, such as older adults, must continue to only leaving home for medical care and essential activities.
- When you go out, follow physical distancing requirements (6 feet of space between yourself and others).
- Do not go to work if you are sick.
- People who have COVID-19 symptoms should get tested, and must isolate unless they have a negative test result. Please read how to isolate.
- Individuals in Las Animas and Huerfano are required to wear a mask in indoor public settings, as well as outdoor public settings where 6 ft. distancing cannot be maintained.
- Limit private gatherings to 10 individuals max from no more than 2 households.