Looking for a COVID-19 test?
Find a free COVID-19 testing site near you by searching Colorado’s COVID-19, calling your local LAHCDHD office, or contacting your healthcare provider.
|Las Animas County: 719-846-2213
412 Benedicta Ave, Trinidad CO 81082
|Huerfano County: 719-738-2650
119 E 5th Street, Walsenburg CO 81089
Report an At-Home COVID-19 Test Result
To report a positive COVID case determined by an at-home test, please call Las Animas Huerfano Counties District Health Department or visit the CDPHE Rapid Test Reporting Portal.
|Las Animas County: 719-846-2213||Huerfano County: 719-738-2650|
After Hours: 719-334-6833
When to Test
If you are experiencing emergency warning signs for severe COVID-19, please seek immediate medical assistance by calling 911 or going to your nearest emergency facility.
Symptoms that require emergency medical attention may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
If you have been exposed to COVID-19, begin taking precautions immediately. This includes wearing a high-quality mask for 10 full days after exposure. If you start experiencing symptoms, test immediately.
- Even if you are not showing symptoms, it is still important to get tested 5 full days from your last exposure. Testing too close to exposure can produce inaccurate results.
- If you test positive 5 full days after exposure, begin isolating and follow isolation guidelines.
- If you test negative 5 full days after exposure, continue taking precautions throughout day 10, including wearing a high-quality mask when around others indoors at home and in public.
Certain high-risk settings require testing as a part of screening processes.
Consider testing before coming into contact with individuals at high-risk for severe COVID-19.
If you have any other questions about COVID-19 testing, please call LAHCDHD or visit CDC’s COVID-19 Testing page to learn more.